In this post, we’ll guide you on how to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi6 flagship smartphone running on Android 7.1.1 Nougat based MIUI 8 firmware. A simple Mi Flash Unlock Tool is required to unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi Mi6 model. Doing this, one can make the device most of it by flashing TWRP recovery or gaining root access. Users will also have the option to flash custom ROMs based on Google latest operating system. So, if you’re among one who wanted to enjoy all these features, simply follow the below steps one after another.
As we all know, Xiaomi Mi6 is the latest flagship phone from the Chinese smartphone giant and it comes with top notch specifications and features. It has a 5.1-inch FHD display, powered by a Snapdragon 835 chipset, sport a 6GB RAM, 12MP dual rear cameras, 8MP front camera and a 3350mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0 feature. You can check the complete specifications of Xiaomi Mi6 here.
The following bootloader unlocking procedure is compatible only with Xiaomi Mi6. Don’t try on any other Android device.
Make sure to install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Enable USB Debugging from device settings.
Perform backup of all your important data to your PC.
There should be enough battery level to complete the unlocking procedure.
Disclaimer: Unlocking bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi6 voids company warranty. You may also brick your device if doesn’t followed the steps accordingly. Continue at your own interest.
How to Unlock Xiaomi Mi6 Bootloader:
The following is the simple step by step guide to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi6 smartphone. We’d recommend you to first go through all steps before actually performing it on your Xiaomi Mi6 phone.
1. Firstly, download Xiaomi Mi Flash Unlock Tool from the following link to your PC.
2. Extract the folder on your desktop and open the .exe file.
3. Login to your Mi account.
4. Mi Flash tool automatically recognizes your device and display’s the following message “You don’t have the permissions to Unlock the device”.
5. Now you need to get permission from Xiaomi to proceed further. Click on “Go” button to continue.
6. Next you need to click on “Unlock Now” button and again enter the Mi account login credentials.
7. Now wait until you get an OTP on your device.
8. Once it’s received, enter the OTP on your Mi Flash tool and confirm.
9. This time you have permission to unlock the bootloader. Simply follow the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the unlocking process.
Now you have successfully unlocked Xiaomi Mi6 Bootloader. If you have any kind of questions during or after the unlocking process, feel free to ask us in the below comment section.