OnePlus released OxygenOS Open Beta 5/3 for OnePlus 5/5T with new navbar gestures, improvements and general bug fixes. If you are already enrolled in the OnePlus Open Beta, you should receive a notification to update OTA to OxygenOS Beta 5/3 or download the full firmware install it manually on OnePlus 5/5T. Below is what is new in this update, download links and installation instruction.
The latest OxygenOS Open Beta 5 and 3 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T respectively is mainly a bug fixing update. This update lets you choose which way to answer a call (swipe up/down), auto-sorts SMS messages into categories (India), removed Clipboard function (due to user feedback), and brings a touch based navbar gestures, fixed CPU security vulnerability and more.
Changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 5/3
– Added pick-up gesture switcher
– Removed Clipboard function
– SMS categorization function for India only
– CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
– General bug fixes and improvements
If you have not enrolled for OxygenOS Open Beta and would like to install the beta OS on your OnePlus 5/5T, check out the below installation gude. Keep in mind that since it is a beta OS, it is possible you will run into bugs and other instabilities.
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both devices require unlocked bootloader. Backup all data before proceeding
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 5/3 on OnePlus 5/5T
2. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
3. Switch off the phone, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
5. Connect your phone to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
For Windows: adb sideload File Name.zip
For Mac/Linux: ./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]