It has been over three months since Xiaomi released the MIUI 8.2 Global stable ROM for its many handsets, but Mi 5s was outside the update list until now. Finally, Xiaomi Mi 5s has also received the MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM with new features, several enhancements and bug fixes, but the ROM still remains on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Users will get the OTA update (V184.108.40.206.MAGMIDL) if your Mi 5s runs on stable ROM. You can also install the ROM manually by downloading the recovery or fastboot image.
Though still based on Android Marshmallow, the MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s improves fingerprint reader function, as well as includes UI adjustments for toggles, various optimizations and general bug fixes. If you are still waiting for the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for your Mi 5s (Capricorn), go to ‘Updater’ on your phone and check for updates. Note that your phone should be on stable ROM.
Changelog of MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s
New – Fingerprint can be used as the Privacy protection password
New – UI adjustments for toggles
New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade
New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play
Optimization – UI adjustments for screen lock, password, and fingerprints
Optimization – Changed icons for USB charging and switching keyboards
Optimization – Floating notifications will not appear in DND mode
Fix – The first notification could not be removed by a swipe
How to Install MIUI 8 Global Stable 126.96.36.199.MAGMIDL ROM on Mi 5s
Note: Backup important data you have on the phone before flashing. If you flash from Developer ROM to Stable ROM, please wipe all data, otherwise, it might cause serious incompatible issues like FC, no network etc.
1. Download the MIUI 8 ROM Recovery image (V188.8.131.52.MAGMIDL) for Mi 5S [HERE] and put the zip file into your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
3. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish. Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version.
1. Download the MIUI 8 ROM Fastboot image (V184.108.40.206.MAGMIDL) for Mi 5S from here.
2. Follow this instruction to know how to flash fastboot image of your handset.
(Source – igeekphone)