Huawei just released a new B389 update for Honor 8 (FRD-L02, India) with new features like 3D Panorama mode for Camera, Recycle bin for Gallery, new lock screen security feature and various optimizations. The OTA update with build number B389 for Indian Honor 8 (FRD-L02) is now live. You can also manually install the new update on Huawei Honor 8 by downloading the firmware.
The B389 update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and the highlighted features of this update are it adds 3D Panorama mode in Camera and a Recycle bin feature to Gallery. The 3D Panorama mode lets you take 3D dynamic photos, while the Recycle bin feature allows retain accidently deleted images for up to 30 days.
The B389 update brings a new feature to remember your lock screen password. Your phone will ask you to enter your lock screen password every three days, helping you to remember your password. Also, a new split-screen key on a Facebook instant message banner lets you enter split-screen mode with a single touch without leaving a video in full-screen viewing.
Below is what is new in B389 (FRD-L02C635B389) update:
– 3D panorama mode enables you to take 3D dynamic photos
– Recycle bin feature to Gallery, allowing you to retain deleted photos for up to 30 days.
– New lockscreen security feature to help you to remember your password
– New split-screen key on a Facebook instant message banner to enter split-screen mode with a single touch
– Optimizes the App twin feature to support logging in with two accounts for certain apps, such as Messenger.
– Optimizes the camera’s burst shooting stability.
– Optimizes the overall power consumption for extended use.
– Integrates latest Google security patches for improved system security.
– Check for full changelog at here
It seems that Huawei will not update Honor 8 in India to Android 8.0 Oreo, while Honor 8 Pro has already got Android Oreo as beta. The B389 update is still based on Nougat and it will enhance user experience.
If you have not received the OTA notification for B389 update, then check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware.
If you prefer manual installation, then check out the guide below. Before proceeding, ensure the following:
– Check your device model number. It should be FRD-L02.
– Backup all data like contacts, messages, and apps.
– At least 50-60% charge remaining on the phone.
Download and Update Honor 8 to Latest EMUI 5 (B389) Version Manually
1. Download FRD-L02C635B389 update.zip file from here.
2. On your phone, create ‘dload’ folder to root of the SDcard.
3. Unzip the downloaded Update.zip file. Copy and save the “UPDATE.APP” into the ‘dload’ folder.
4. Power off the phone, press the Volume UP and Volume Down keys, and then press the Power key to enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
5. Flashing will start. When the progress bar stop, the phone will restart automatically.
Any question regarding this post? Leave it in the comment section below.