Xiaomi Mi 6 Android 7.1.1 Nougat smartphone can be easily rooted with SuperSu. It is a one-click root where users need to flash SuperSu .zip file through TWRP custom recovery. Rooting of your Xiaomi Mi 6 device lets you enjoy additional features like installation of root only apps, custom ROMs, tweaks system files, and more. Without much wasting time, checkout the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to the guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi 6.
To remind you, Xiaomi Mi 6 flaunts a 5.15-inch Full HD display similar to that of its predecessor, the Mi 5. In terms of hardware, it includes a 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor coupled with Adreno 540 GPU and 6GB of RAM. The other features of Xiaomi Mi 6 includes a 12MP dual rear cameras, 8MP front camera, 64GB/128GB internal storage, MIUI 8, and a 3350mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
The following root guide is only for Xiaomi Mi 6. Don’t try on any other Xiaomi mdel.
The battery level should be at least 75% before starting the procedure.
You need to have a custom recovery installed on your device i.e. TWRP before proceeding below. You can check our guide on how to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6.
Bootloader should be unlocked. How? – How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 6.
Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
Backup all your data.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your company warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
Root Xiaomi Mi 6 on Android 7.1.1 Nougat/ MIUI 8 ROM
1. Download SuperSu Root .zip file to your computer.
2. Take a USB cable and connect the Mi 6 device to PC.
3. Now you need to copy/transfer the Root .zip file to root of your device internal storage.
4. Disconnect the device from PC.
5. Next you need to turn off your mobile and boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons together.
6. Once you’re in the TWRP recovery, you need to tap on ‘Install’ and select the .zip file which you have copied to device internal storage in the above steps.
7. Perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash” to start the installation process.
8. Once done, select “Reboot System” option to reboot your device into normal mode.
That’s it! Now you’ll find SuperSu app installed on your Xiaomi Mi 6 device which confirms the root access. You can also verify the root status by downloading Root Checker app from Play Store.